Our physicians and staff strive to improve the overall health of you and your family by focusing on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of your medical condition(s). Please use our patient care library to learn more about personal health, skin care and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact us.
There is no need to worry if chewing gum gets stuck in your child’s hair. Simply follow these steps from dermatologists:
- Find a jar of creamy style peanut butter or vegetable oil, such as olive oil.
- Cover the gum completely with peanut butter or oil using your fingers or an old toothbrush. With peanut butter, the oils in the product make the chewing gum base stiffer and less sticky.
- Wait a few minutes to allow the product to work.
- Remove the gum from the hair. Vegetable oil is especially useful when removing gum from eyebrows or eyelashes.
- Wash your child’s hair as normal so your child does not smell like lunch.
If you have questions or concerns about caring for your hair, you should make an appointment to see a dermatologist.