Our physicians and staff strive to improve the overall health of you and your family by focusing on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of your medical condition(s). Please use our patient care library to learn more about personal health, skin care and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact us.
How you wash your face can make a difference in your appearance. Follow these tips from dermatologists to help you keep your face looking healthy.
- Use a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser that does not contain alcohol.
- Wet your face with lukewarm water and use your fingertips to apply cleanser. Using a washcloth, mesh sponge, or anything other than your fingertips can irritate your skin.
- Resist the temptation to scrub your skin because scrubbing irritates the skin.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply moisturizer if your skin is dry or itchy. Be gentle when applying any cream around your eyes so you do not pull too hard on this delicate skin.
- Limit washing to twice a day and after sweating. Wash your face once in the morning and once at night, as well as after sweating heavily. Perspiration, especially when wearing a hat or helmet, irritates the skin. Wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.