Dr. Labrecque and his team at DermaSpa MED will help you look picture perfect this holiday season with the following specials:
DermaSpa MED is among the first practices in the United States to gain exclusive access to XEOMIN®, a new Botox alternative. Merz Aesthetics on July 21, 2011 announced that the United States (U.S.) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA) for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines, or frown lines between the eyebrows, in adult patients.
50% off of Glycolic Acid Peels every Wednesday in October!
Don’t let your skin look a fright this holiday season; fight back with our Glytone Rejuvenating Glycolic Acid Peels! Glytone rejuvenating peels are part of a comprehensive treatment program for younger, healthier looking skin. For the month of October our Glycolic Peels are available on Wednesdays only for $45 a treatment! (a $90 value!) Call today or click here to book your appointment before this deal fades away!
Key components of a self care plan:
- Wash up: Twice a day is usually enough. If you exercise (and you should) washing up afterwards is a good idea. A mild soap or skin cleanser is the best choice. We recommend CereVe.
- Don't pick: Touching zits is not a good idea. It won't make them go away and breaking the skin by popping, picking, or scraching will make things worse and may cause scarring.
- Think about hair products and make up: Greasy hair gels and lotions and oil-based makeup may make things worse.
- Take a close look: It's important to know whether you have mild acne ( a few scattered white heads) or a more severe case (with many red bumps and pus bumps). Mild cases can be treated with over the counter medicaitons first, but a dermatologist should evaluate more severe acne.
What can your dermatologist do to help? Plenty!
- Evaluation: Dr. Labrecque will assess the severity of the acne, looking for signs of inflammation and scarring. He will determine if you current treament appraoch is working well enough. Studies have shown that many people with acne underestimate the severity of their condition and most do not discuss their acne with a physician. That is a mistake you can avoid! Book your appointment today.
- Treatment: Dr. Labrecque has effective skin care products and medications which can be used to treat a broad range of acne cases that simply wont improve. These option include products the promote dissolving of whiteheads and blackheads, decrease inflammation and kill the acne bacteria. These treatments can be applied to the skin directly or taken orally.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.